Friday, August 15, 2008

Library ~ Tomatoes ~ Birthdays ~ Fudgsicles ~ Thoughts

Hello!

We went to the library on Wednesday, and I saw that they had gotten several Elizabeth Gaskell books. Yay! I've wanted to read Wives & Daughters ever since I saw the movie. I had too many books, (Too many books? Is there such a thing?), and so I couldn't get any more. But next time I go to the library, I fully intend to get Wives & Daughters, North & South, and maybe a few others. Mama checked out the North & South movie without knowing that it was made from a story I wanted to read; I thought it was neat the way that had happened.

Today we are going to go to our friends' house to get some tomatoes. They asked if we'd like some, and we do. :) I'll get to see Laura, which is, as always, great!

Daddy is working from 1-10 today, so we have him here all morning. :D

Thomas and Natalie's birthday parties are coming up. With Thomas and his friends, there will be 10 boys running around with airsoft guns. Natalie and her friends will be probably be dressing up, or jumping on the trampoline.

I love Fudgsicles. Wow, that was random. :) Natalie doesn't like to eat store-bought ice cream, because it gives her a stomachache. So Mama bought some Fudgsicles for her, and all of us kids are eating them.

I wish my blog were more..... interesting. :) Part of me is all proper writing and part of me is like "Oh, whatever. I'll just be as random as I can." And that can translate into everything, not just blogging. I don't really know which part of myself is the "real me", and which part is what I've learned to be. Maybe they're one and the same? As my friends can tell you, I'm different once I get to know someone! LOL Who knows. I guess maybe I'll know someday! For now, I'm content not to.

I'm off to see if Mama needs help with anything.

Love,
Rebecca

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loves me some fudgesicles, too! They are one of my favorites :) Now I think I need one...at least!

Misty

Anonymous said...

:D Sounds like a lot of fun.. I love checking out books from the library. Unfortunately, I usually forget to bring them back. ;) What are those two books about? I don't think I've ever heard of them before.

As to "the real you"... I was thinking about it and as I've gotten to know you more, I'd say you're random, but you're also steady..if that makes sense. You care a lot for other people, and you're nice to everyone. You seem to like to have fun and be silly, but you also know how to be serious. You're a perfect you. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm finally visiting blogs and commenting people. I don't think I've visited anybody's blog for over a month, it was sort of nice to have a break =)

Anyway, I love the new template, it's really cute!

Fudgsicles are amazing! I like chocolate ice cream a lot but you can't beat chocolate on a stick =)

Hey, if you see this comment before Monday would you mind praying for my mom and maybe leaving a comment on my blog telling her you are? Tomorrow is the 2nd anniversary of her brother's death and I'm sure it will be a hard day. If you could that would be great!

:::Jo:::

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm onedaymore on your homeschoolblogger friends list:)

you know, I have never had a fudgecicle...what do tey tastee like? do they taste like fudge?

Yeah, My mom told me to read the Elizabeth Gaskel books as well, I'm working on North and South and she is reading Wives and Dauhters.

onedaymore

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like your new blog! Miss you at HSB, though, but I'm glad you still have a blog to visit!

You will have to let me know how you like Elizabeth Gaskell. I have heard SUCH good things about her books, I really want to read North and South. I've heard so many amazing things about it.